Scenic Forest and Lakes Tour-
Escape and Lift Your Spirits
Enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the Essex countryside as Chigwell Tours & Visits invites you to stroll beside picturesque rivers and water meadows strewn with wild flowers. Explore magnificent forests and lakes and get close to some of Britain’s natural woodland wildlife.
Scenic Forest and Lakes Tour Features
- The Deer Sanctuary. On the eastern edge of the dense woods and rolling green heathlands that make up the magnificent Epping Forest, a former Royal Hunting Ground, you’ll visit the City of London Deer Sanctuary, home to around 140 Black Fallow Deer.
- Queen Elizabeth’s Hunting Lodge. Boasting panoramic views of the forest and surrounding Essex countryside this unique timber-framed lodge dates back to 1543.
- Roding Nature Reserve. In the largest surviving area of traditionally managed river-valley habitat in Essex you’ll find beautiful and rare wildflowers and a variety of native birds, animals and insects beside a tranquil river set in glorious English countryside.
- Hainault Forest. In 1851 the mighty Forest of Essex was almost destroyed, but Hainault Forest, one of the best surviving medieval forests, remains and has become one of the UK’s most important wildlife habitats. Ancient trees, a bird-populated lake, and rare heather heathlands make this beautiful Essex country park unmissable.
- Rare Breed Farm and Butterfly Sanctuary. At this special farm within Hainault Forest you’ll get close to a variety of rare species of farm animals, butterflies and fungi.
- Lambourne End. Stunningly located in a river valley between the Epping Forest and rolling Essex hills you’ll enjoy a hearty meal of traditional English fayre in this charming rural parish before journeying home with fond memories of Chigwell and the forests, lakes and countryside around it.
- Tour prices start from £34.99 and a scrumptious traditional English meal can be booked for £10.
SCENIC TOUR DATES 2013 take place on Wed, Fri and Sat.
Book this tour: